Living a good lifestyle should be the goal of everyone in order to live a happy life. Many promising lives have been terminated at an early age because the people involved did not care about the type of food that should be eaten. Getting the best ideas on low cholesterol foods is an important step towards living a life of good health.
Here is a list of the top 5 low cholesterol foods that will keep your level of cholesterol at a consistent number. Your diet is essential when it comes to improving your health.
- Let’s take a closer look at oatmeal and the effect that it has on your cholesterol. Oatmeal is filled with a fiber that reduces the number of low density lipoproteins that you have in your body. Oatmeal and any other type of oat bran is great at improving cholesterol while filling your plate. This soluble fiber is also in beans, fruits and barley. The act of fiber actually absorbs the cholesterol from your blood while adding fiber to your diet.
- Fish and fatty acids are very heart healthy due to the amount of omega-3 and fatty acids that it contains, relieving your high blood pressure and decreasing your prevalence to blood clotting. Omega-3 and fatty acids are so powerful that they can actually prevent some individuals from a sudden death if they have had a heart attack previously. Physicians recommend that you have a couple of servings of fish a week; omega-3 is available within most fish and it should be grilled so that there aren’t any bad fatty acids.
- Nuts are very efficient at reducing bad cholesterol and enriching a diet with the appropriate fatty acids. Eating a small handful of nuts everyday will actually reduce your risk of heart disease as long as the nuts are without added sugar. Walnuts, almonds and peanuts all have the power to keep your vessels healthy and working in full force. Make sure not to eat too much of them, as they are high in calories.
- Sterols from plants are great for those who suffer from high cholesterol. This is one of the best substitutes when looking for low cholesterol foods being that it has the ability to block the absorption of unhealthy cholesterol. These sterols are in many foods that are fortified and it’s necessary to have 2 grams of sterols with each day.
- Soy is a great solution to anyone looking to avoid animal products. There are a lot of healthy benefits associated with soy, as it has a lot of fiber and vitamins that will promote only a limited amount of fat to your diet. This is a great replacement for meat as it does have enough polyunsaturated fat to fill your plate.
This is not an exhaustive list. However, having some tips about this is a good way of starting to watch your health by always eating low cholesterol foods.